It is that time of the year again! Each year Crittenton Services conducts a holiday gift drive, collecting gifts from November through early December, for the clients that we serve, this is known as The Angel Tree Program.
We are very grateful for the success of the program, last year our community partners, individual donors and corporate sponsors provided holiday gifts for over 900 children and their families located throughout Southern California who participate in our various programs that include: Transitional Housing, which services current and former foster youth ages 18-25 helping them to move towards adulthood; Family Preservation, which support families in addressing challenges, so that they avoid court involvement with the child welfare system, Outpatient Mental Health Services, which provides in home support services and school based therapy, as well as the children we support in our Foster Care Program.
We cannot even begin to share the amount of joy and happiness these holiday gifts have brought to those we serve. For many system involved children, young adults and families the holiday season is an extremely difficult and painful time. It can be a reminder of family that has been lost, of the abuse sustained, not to mention they often feel unseen and unheard. For example, in our Transitional Housing Program, a 22 year old young man who grew up in the foster care system, cried upon receiving Angel Tree donated gifts, stating, “I have not received a gift in years, no one has cared about me in a very long time.” This is the sentiment of many, there is no question that your gifts matter, they bring hope, they bring care and they show kindness.
The incredible generosity of those who support and contribute to our Annual Angel Tree Gift Program, allow us to meet the identified needs of the children, young adults and families that we serve, more importantly it allows them to know that someone cares. So, if you have any time this holiday season, join us in creating some holiday magic.
There are a number of ways that you can help and please know that 100% of all Crittenton Angel Tree donations are tax deductible and go directly to the children and families who are receiving services from our various programs. You should also know that we take an individual approach to our client’s holiday wish list, each Christmas wish is specifically requested by the child, young adult or family.
We need all the help we can get this year, and that help can be you!
ANGEL TREE GIFT DRIVE:
- Gift price value range is typically from $15.00 to $40.00 per item (fulfilling multiple “wishes” is always appreciated).
- Donors interested in helping can connect with our office and request an “Angel Tree Tag.” You will then purchase the gift to fulfill the “wish,” purchase the gift request to fulfill the “wish,” and deliver the wrapped gift to our corporate office.
- New and wrapped gifts need to be delivered to our corporate office no later than Friday, December 8, 2023 to meet holiday delivery schedules.
- For those that would like to have an easier donation experience, you can also purchase an Angel Tree donation directly from our Amazon store, just click the link: https://www.amazon.com/registries/gl/guest-view/2ESMIBFJ0GU40
HOLIDAY GIFT CARD DRIVE:
- Gift card value range from $5.00 to $500.00.
- From Big Box stores such as Walmart, Target, Amazon, 99Cents, Dollar Tree and Family Dollar or Retail Stores such as, Macys, Kohl’s, Ross, Burlington Coat Factory or JcPenny. Grocery stores, Food4Less, Ralph’s, Vons, El Super, Albertsons, Stater Bros and Smart and Final. Gas cards, Starbucks and Visa gift cards are welcomed as well.
- Gift cards need to be delivered to our corporate office no later than Friday, December 22, 2023.
Holiday Family Basket
- Gift/laundry baskets filled with basic living necessity items can be arranged for a young adult or a family of four currently enrolled in our programs. Approximate gift basket values in previous years has been between $75.00 and $100.00
- Baskets should be filled with new and unused in-kind donations from the following categories cookware, dinnerware, bedroom linens, towels, cleaning supplies, laundry products, bathroom items, and personal hygiene items, or small kitchen appliances, items can be ordered online as well.
- Please assemble and deliver holiday gift baskets to our corporate office by Friday, December 8, 2023, to meet holiday delivery schedules.
HOLIDAY STOCKING SCHOLARSHIP
- We are fortunate that many donors have already given handmade stockings for our youth to receive on Christmas morning. However, we still need help in filling the holiday stockings with our kids’ favorite treats and items!
- Donors interested in helping with stockings can contact our office for details.
- Please deliver filled holiday stocking donations to our corporate office by Friday,
December 8, 2023, to meet holiday delivery schedules.
- Monetary donations will also be kindly accepted! All cash or check donations will be used specifically to purchase any last minute Angel Tree wishes that need to be fulfilled.
- Financial donations can also be made from our donate link on our website, please be sure that to use the Holiday Fund button on the program options.
- Interested donors that would like to write a check, please make it payable to Crittenton Services with the memo marked Holiday Fund. You can mail or personally deliver check donation to our offices to the attention of Beverly Berryman.
FOR FURTHER INFORMTION AND TO HELP THE ANGEL TREE PROGRAM PLEASE CONTACT BEVERLY BERRYMAN AT:
- Phone: 714-680-9022
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please mail or personally deliver all holiday related donations to our corporate office:
Attn: Beverly Berryman
801 E. Chapman Ave #203
Fullerton, CA 92831